To mark the 102nd anniversary of the 1st Dada International Exhibition in Berlin, 31 d/Deaf, Disabled and Neurodivergent artists are staging Dada inspired interventions in 30 museums and galleries across Britain and Northern Ireland on the same day on 2 July 2022.
30 member organisations from the PLUS TATE network of visual arts organisations have engaged with We Are Invisible, We Are Visible hosting artists selected to respond to Dada.
The aim of PLUS TATE is to exchange ideas, knowledge, skills and resources and collaborate on joint programmes with an aim to support the development of the visual arts across Britain and Northern Ireland.
The museums and galleries include:
- Arnolfini, Bristol | Art In Motion (AIM) | Everything and Nothing
Arnolfini, Bristol | Stav Meishar | Strange Beauty
- BALTIC, Gateshead | Tony Heaton & Terry Smith | Out of Order
- Centre for Contemporary Art | Derry~Londonderry | Bel Pye | Cocoon
- Firstsite, Colchester | Chisato Minamimura | Deaf for 4’33’’
- Focal Point Gallery, Southend | Kristina Veasey | A Complete Basketcase
- Golden Thread Gallery, Belfast | Porcelain Delaney | Parade of the Disregarded
- Grizedale Arts, Coniston | Jo Munton & Stephanie Finegan | We are her future / how far have we come?
- Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, Swansea | Chris Tally-Evans | Siri the Art Critic
- Harris Museum and Art Gallery, Preston | Nicola Woodham | Buffer
- Home, Manchester | Grace Currie | Put Away Neatly
- The Hepworth, Wakefield | Mianam Bashir & Emma Powell | THIS IS NOT A PIPE (a Dada guide to interpretation)
- IKON, Birmingham | Aaron Williamson | Hiding in 3D
- John Hansard Gallery, Southampton | Alice Quarterman | Untitled: Why Are You Writing That Down? I Said It’s Untitled
- Leeds Art Gallery | Sam Metz | Fleeting interruptions, failures, aberrations
- Liverpool Biennial, Dora Colquhoun | Would You Like A Seat?
- Manchester Art Gallery | April Lin 林森 | In Embrace of Fakeness
- MIMA, Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art | Lisette Auton | Writing the Missing – The adDress
- MK Gallery, Milton Keynes | Caroline Cardus | Fed Up
- Modern Art Oxford | Hayley Williams-Hindle & Roma| ASTERION
- Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange | Jenette Coldrick | How long is a piece of string?
- Nottingham Contemporary | Ashokkumar Mistry | Beyond Relentless Acceleration
- The Pier Arts Centre, Orkney Islands | Cheryl Beer | Sound heArt
- Site Gallery, Sheffield | Sonia Boué | The Artist is Not Present
- Tate Britain, London | Christina Lovey | Rhythmicity Me
- Tate Liverpool | Alistair Gentry | 25% (Rectification)
- Tate Modern, London | Anahita Harding | Are You Comfortable Yet?
- Tate St Ives | Alex Billingham | Fishwives Revenge
- Towner, Eastbourne | Andrea Mindell | WAR?! WHAT WAR? – How does one achieve eternal bliss
- Turner Contemporary, Margate | Luke ‘Luca’ Cockayne| Semanticically Satiationing Dada
- Void Gallery, Derry~Londonderry | gobscure/James King | ?madness what is